Monday, March 26, 2018

Sally Forth


Well 2017 wasn’t exactly a banner year for my hobby, a lot of misfortune and a lot of hardship meant I wasn’t even remotely able to work on Godhead Aquila. 2018 too has been off to a slow start, but I feel a change in the wind coming...and the thunderous footfalls of Questor Imperialis - the Imperial Knights - are on the horizon once again!


Adepticon 2018 kicked off with a huge bang, GW dropped a bombshell: two new Imperial Knight kits are releasing alongside the 8th edition Codex next month! We’ve already seen the Armiger Warglaive backing up Adeptus Mechanicus forces in Forgebane, but now...the Knight Castellan, a bigger, badder knight bristling with guns, a veritable walking battleship (sorry, T'au Stormsurge....) that looks like it could rival a Warhound or Reaver Titan in terms of sheer firepower. Needless to say, I’m psyched.

House Mortimer is my allegiance of choice. My Imperial Knight army in the last couple of editions were my pride and joy until financial problems led to me selling them off with a heavy heart. This time...it will not be so. I will rebuild House Mortimer as i’ve always dreamed, and my Baron, Tybalt Mortimer, will lead the charge with nobless oblige from the helm of a Knight Castellan, flanked by his brothers in arms bedecked in Knight Armiger, Paladin, Errant, Warden and every other mark of holy mechanized armour.

My original force consisted of three Imperial Knights: two Paladins and an Errant, representing Baron Tybalt Mortimer, his Seneschal Godwin Mortimer, and a younger Squire Reginald. 
Tybalt Mortimer, Baron of House Mortimer, Slayer of the Progenitrix and Marshall of the Sanctic Host. Equipped with a Knight Paladin suit, Foehammer.


Godwin Mortimer, Second Cousin and Seneschal to Baron Tybalt Mortimer, the Reaper of Nox Quintus. Knight Paladin suit Lament of Eons. This model shows my full, completed paint scheme circa 2013-14 (sorry about the fuzzy quality). My House Mortimer used the traditional color scheme of yellow and purple with Tyranid bio-forms as a part of their heraldry. However, I went heavily weathered on my suits - both to reflect that Mortimer is one of the earliest Imperial Knight factions GW ever showed, and that Knight suits are tens of thousands of years old, and, while lovingly maintained by Sacristans, still bear battle damage and the patina of millennia of usage.

Now, in 2018 here I’ve already purchased new Imperial Knights - three Armiger Warglaives and a Knight Warden. Once they’re up for preorder I’ll be adding a Castellan and of course the Codex. I’ll be going into the army in more detail here in the next few days and weeks as I’m blogging more regularly, so keep your vox dials tuned to this station!

1 comment: